Shipping Electronics And Other Gadgets in Boston, MA
Shipping Electronics and Gadgets
It’s true, moving can be stressful. Many people find themselves having to ship their belongings, including their valuable electronics. The last thing we need is our electronics and expensive gadgets getting damaged during shipping and handling.
Many electronic devices contain extremely sensitive fiberglass, which could be easily damaged in the back of a moving truck. It is crucial to consider some of these tips to ensure the safety of your gadgets.
Specially Designed Boxes for Electronics
If you’re needing to ship a laptop, tablet, or smartphone-you’re going to want to make sure it arrives safe and sound. One of the best ways to ship your gadgets is in its original packaging, but there are also specially made boxes for these products. Who knew?
Pack Your Electronics Correctly
Packing properly is by far the most important aspect of shipping your electronics. Check out these useful tips in packaging for shipping:
- Find an appropriate fitting box and fill with packing peanuts.
- Separate any small parts of the electronic device and put them into separate labelled bags.
- Pack the contents of your package tight and secure (make sure there isn’t any room for movement).
- Make sure to bubble wrap your device.
- Close box and duct tape securely-making sure to tape the corners, as this is the weakest part of the box.
- Print off appropriate labels, put them inside a plastic pouch, and tape to the box.
The Importance of Labeling
Sorting out and labeling individual parts of your electronics may seem like extra work. But quick and unorganized packing could create more work for you. The truth is that labeling saves us a lot of time and inconvenience.
Maybe you don’t possess the most efficient labelling skills, and that’s okay-we can’t all be professional organizers. Nevertheless, here are some tips and trick on how to properly label your electronic components:
- If your handwriting isn’t excellent, don’t fret. You can always use a label printer; they are inexpensive and easy to use. Make sure to use a readable font.
- Write clearly. Simple and clean writing ensures that other people that read your label. Avoid abbreviations.
- Make sure you use correct model numbers and match your brands.
Better Safe Than Sorry
One last, very important piece of advice when shipping expensive electronics-always purchase insurance for your packages! For about a fraction of the value of your device, you can have it fully insured, depending on who you ship with. Consult your local post office for pricing information. Good luck!